Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Checking In (6/17)

I'm enjoying all of your responses to our 1st discussion thread!  It's interesting to see the different and shared perspectives you all have. Great job pulling specifics from the text to support your answer and citing the text. I will try to leave comments on all of your responses, but it will take time. I've received several emails and I'm getting to them as quickly as I can. I would like to address some of the main concerns here.

1. If you are using a Kindle or other eReader, you still need to cite your source. You may use the % for these discussion threads.

2. Some of you have emailed me your responses because you are getting an error message. First of all, THANK YOU for letting me know that you are having issues BEFORE the deadline. I appreciate your work ethic. Don't worry about not receiving credit. I can see that you are trying and I am grateful that you posted your response in the email to me. However, this is an issue that we need to resolve, as we will use my blog throughout the school year. I have two suggestions. First, try using a different web browser. I use Safari and I haven't had any issues. I've heard Firefox isn't as compatible with Blogger. My next suggestion is to check your internet settings. If neither of these work, email me a screenshot of the error message. Once you get it figured out, please post your response from the email you sent me onto the blog. I can't actually put these into PowerSchool until the school year has started and I'd like all of the entries in one place.

I hope you are enjoying the book. Remember to use the guides at the end of the book or the link I posted in the last thread if you are having a tough time keeping the characters straight or understanding the language.

I will have the next post up in a few days. I want to give you all enough time to read before I give anything away with my thread. Remember, it is due on June 27th.

____________________________________________________________________

Note: Are you looking for another way to stay connected?





I will post deadlines and other info. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/mrskilliansclassroom
Again, PLEASE refrain from sending a friend request to my personal account.

____________________________________________________________________

Thanks! Enjoy your summer.

2 comments:

  1. I think the problem that the kids are having is they are trying to comment using their school assigned email. I tried this the first time and it said error and then I used my regular email and it worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so angry! I think everybody reacted in almost the same way. I did not think anybody was pleased with the Oracles command to kill Ikemefuma. I think the death effected Nwoye and Okonkwo the most. Nwoye had began to think of ikemefuna as a brother, Okonkwo had thought of Ikemefuna as a son. After the death of Ikemefuna Okonkwo was very upset but he would not should it outwardly. Okonkwo only shows strength and that was showed during ikemefunas death when he helped kill the boy who had thought of him as a fatherto show he wasn't weak. He did this even after Ogbuefi Ezeudu came to his home and said to him " That boy calls you father. Do not bear a hand in his death."

    ReplyDelete